How to Apply » International Applicants

International Applicants

We value the richness that different cultures bring to our community and welcome applications from international students to attend John Paul the Great for one year or to earn a diploma.
International transfer students (currently on J-1 or F1 visa) may apply to transfer to John Paul for 10th or 11th grade. In all cases, proving proficiency with the English language is critical as John Paul does not offer a formal ESL program, and does not modify the college preparatory curriculum for any student.
All international students must have a local agent, and we are happy to recommend trusted organizations.

Below is information pertaining to any international students wishing to attend a school within the Diocese of Arlington. Please visit the Diocese of Arlington website for more information.

  1. Meet all John Paul admissions requirements.
  2. Apply to John Paul through the standard application.
  3. Complete the Diocese of Arlington I-20 application and submit it to John Paul.

Housing: Saint John Paul the Great is a day school and does not provide housing or find host families for international students. Agents or relatives must provide proof of a safe, supportive home before the I-20 visa application is processed. International students are required to live with approved families through their course of study at John Paul, even if the student should turn 18, and may not change homes without prior approval from the school.