Students and parents should set a good example in the matter of sportsmanship. Cheers should be of a positive nature and directed only at our own athletes. At NO time should negative remarks or cheers be directed at any player, coach or official.
Players and spectators should model their sportsmanship to the highest standard.
To this end they should:
1. Remember that a student/parent spectator represents the school in the same manner as the participating athletes.
2. Recognize that the good name of the school is the primary concern.
3. Appreciate an exhibition of fine play or good sportsmanship by any player or team.
4. Accept the decisions of the officials.
5. Never make abusive remarks or use disrespectful language toward a team or an individual on either team or staff.
6. Fans are never allowed on the court or field at any time, especially at the end of the contest. That area belongs to the participants only.
7. Be considerate of injured players on both teams.
8. Never belittle an opponent.
9. Remain quiet during attempted free throws.
10. Noisemakers or musical instruments of any kind not associated with an organized and moderate band are prohibited during basketball games.
11. All signs must be approved by the Director of Athletics (home or away) prior to being posted.
12. Students and fans are required to respect and follow the directives of any Saint John Paul the Great faculty or staff member at games. Students and parents are bound by all rules and regulations of other schools when our teams are playing at their site. Fans must respect and follow their faculty and staff directives as well.