Mrs. Lisa Fred
In Her Own Words: “’Seek God’s will in all that you do and he will direct your path.’ Proverbs 3:6. I was first introduced to St. John Paul the Great High School when Mrs. Cynthia Trax, JP's first librarian, agreed to mentor me as part of my library degree practicum. At the time I was extremely impressed by the quality of education, and the life experiences that each faculty and staff member possessed. When I became a parent of a student at JP, I was further impressed by their care and concern for their students and subjects. I found that every time I would walk through the front doors of the school, I was filled with joy. I hope to share my joy of learning with the amazing students and staff at this wonderful school.
‘When we pray we speak to God, but when we read, God speaks to us.’ St. Jerome, Patron Saint of Libraries and Librarians.”
- M.S., Library and Information Science, School Library Media, University of South Carolina
- B.A., History, St. John Fisher College
- A.A.S., Horticulture, Northern Virginia Community College
- Three years as the librarian at Holy Family Catholic School, Dale City, VA.
- Library degree practicums and volunteer service at All Saints Catholic School, Saint John Paul the Great High School, and St. Thomas Aquinas Regional School
- Other professional experience includes positions in the fields of museums, law, and landscape design