Mrs. Mary Gildersleeve
In Her Own Words: “I have worked at this amazing school for the past four years, and have been involved in one way or another (wife, parent, coach, adviser) since the school opened in 2008. I am blessed to now be able to help spread our mission through my new role. At Saint John Paul the Great we have accepted and answered our Patron’s challenge to all Catholic educators: ‘The greatest challenge to Catholic education in the United States today, and the greatest contribution that authentically Catholic education can make to American culture, is to restore to that culture the conviction that human beings can grasp the truth of things, and in grasping that truth can know their duties to God, to themselves, and their neighbors.’ I am very excited to play a role in helping students and their families to grasp and embrace the ‘truth of things,’ and to make our world a better place in the process.”
- M.B.A, Marketing concentration, College of William and Mary
- B.A., Print Journalism, (English and Business minors), Gonzaga University
- Director, Library Services, Saint John Paul the Great Catholic High School
- Strategic planning analyst, re-engineering the corporation cross-department team member, and flight control senior analyst, Delta Air Lines
- Event planner, researcher and speech-writer for high-tech international trade group, Washington, D.C.
- Computer teacher, K-8 parochial students Atlanta, GA and Raleigh, NC