Tuition & Scholarships
The expenses associated with choosing a Catholic high school education for your student is a significant commitment. We believe that this investment is one of the best you will ever make on behalf of your child.
We take our responsibility to protect your investment seriously and we commit to providing a superior education steeped in the Catholic faith, positioning students to successfully move forward in higher education.
Tuition rates for the 2018-19 school year
- First student: $13,690
- Second student: $10,040
- Third student: $ 8,680
- First student: $17,660
Non-Refundable Fees Due at Enrollment:
- Enrollment Fee: $200
- Tuition Deposit: $300
- Graduation Fee (for Seniors only): $200
Options Program Supplement: $3,660
Laudare Program Supplement: $2,800
- Modest tuition increases should be expected each year. New tuition rates are posted in February for the next school year.
- In addition to tuition, certain standard expenses (i.e., text books and uniforms) also apply.
- The subsidized rate for Catholic students reflects the tithing commitment made by parishioners and parishes in the Diocese of Arlington. To qualify for “Catholic” rate, students must have a Catholic Baptismal Certificate on file.
A limited number of academic and need-based scholarships are offered to incoming Freshman. The value of these scholarships generally range from $1,000 to several thousand dollars. Academic scholarships are renewable each year.
For rising Freshmen who wish to apply for an academic scholarship, Saint John Paul the Great must be marked as “first choice” on the High School Placement Test.
Current John Paul students may apply for JP Pride scholarships, and the St. Michael Scholarship. Information about how to apply is given to students through internal school communications.
Diocese of Arlington Scholarship Foundation
- Diocese of Arlington Scholarship Foundation – For students transferring to a Diocesan school from public school or from out of state, and who meet certain federal poverty guidelines.
FACTS Tuition Management Program
Saint John Paul the Great Catholic High School collects tuition and transportation fees through FACTS, a third party tuition management company. This allows families to spread the cost over multiple payment periods (10 or 12 month options). You also have the option to pay the full amount of tuition in advance directly to us via personal check. For questions regarding tuition payments, please contact Mrs. Donna Stoessel, Tuition Manager, Donna.Stoessel@jpthegreat.org.
For general information about the FACTS Tuition Management Program, please click here. Please note that some details specific to John Paul will be communicated at the time of enrollment.
For further information:
Tuition Assistance page for financial aid information
Tuition and Fee Policy 2018-2019 for policy information.