9th Grade Applicants
We are happy you have chosen to apply to John Paul the Great. Our on-line application system guides you step-by-step through the application process and allows you to upload documents, download needed forms, send electronic recommendation requests, and track the progress of your application. For an application to be considered complete and ready for review, the following items must be received by the Admissions office:
- Application for admission
- Academic Records, to include 7th grade, and first semester of 8th grade
- Principal Recommendation
- Teacher Recommendation
- High School Placement Test (HSPT). All 9th grade applicants, as well as 10th grade applicants transferring from a home school program, must take this exam. It is only taken once. For more information, including dates and how to register, please visit the High School Placement Test page.
- If the student has an SAP, IEP, 504 or other similar documentation regarding the need for support, documents must be submitted to the Admissions office.
- If the student has ever been involved in serious discipline issues, including multiple referrals, suspensions, or expulsions, documentation detailing the events and outcomes must be sent from the current school to the Admissions office.
Please note: There are slightly different requirements for students in public vs. diocesan grade schools, transfer students, home-school students, international students, and Option Students. The on-line application system will walk you through each step, but for more specific information please visit: