Physical education is a part of the formation of the human person. This development includes attention to the physical body in a healthy way that acknowledges the necessity of both correct knowledge and appropriate activities in order to promote genuine human well being.
Graduation Requirements for Phys Ed / Health: 2 credits are required. “Health: An Ethical Approach” is required.
- Health: An Ethical Approach
- PE I/Introduction to Team Sports
- Lifetime and Individual Sports
- Personal Fitness for Athletes
- PE II/Driver’s Education
- Weight Training
- Advanced Weight Training
- Anatomy and Physiology I
Department Mission Statement:
The Physical Education department is committed to enhancing students’ fitness levels, motor skills, and kinesthetic awareness. We provide an encouraging environment in which students can improve their recreational skills, knowledge of a healthy lifestyle and grow in the virtues of sportsmanship. The P.E. department is committed to:
- Expanding the students’ knowledge of what encompasses a healthy lifestyle
- Improving students’ motor skills and kinesthetic awareness
- Improving individual fitness levels of all students participating in P.E. classes
- Providing an encouraging environment in which students foster a community where virtues of sportsmanship are practiced and the dignity of each student is respected
For more information, please review the 2015-2016 Course Catalog. Courses and requirements are subject to change.