Bioethics Seminar for Adults
2017 Bioethics Seminars for Adults
with Sr. Terese Auer, O.P.
- What is Bioethics?
- Why is a foundation in bioethics important?
- What are students learning in the 4 year Bioethics Curriculum found only at Saint John Paul the Great Catholic High School?
All these questions and more will be covered in a 6 session overview of the semester class “Dignity of the Human Person” being offered for JP parents and the general public, led by Sr. Terese Auer, O.P., Bioethics Department Chair at Saint John Paul the Great.
Course topics and dates:
What is Truth?
Tuesday, September 19: 7:00 – 8:30 pm
The Dignity of the Human Person
Tuesday, September 26: 7:00 – 8:30 pm
From Love to Desire to Joy
Tuesday, October 3: 7:00 – 8:30 pm
The Rational Powers of the Human Soul
Tuesday, October 10: 7:00 – 8:30 pm
The Nature of Human Love
Tuesday, October 17: 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Marriage and Human Sexuality
Tuesday, October 24: 7:00 – 8:30 pm
- Your RSVP is greatly appreciated, though not required. Please CLICK HERE to register, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may attend all sessions, or as many as your schedule will allow. The sessions build on each other, yet each topic also is its own class.
- There is no cost for the seminar, though the text book “The Human Person, Dignity Beyond Compare” will be available for purchase.