Welcome to our new AD!
In late May, John Paul officially welcomed our new
Athletic Director, Chris Vander Woude!
Here is a bit of information to help you get to know him! Mr. Vander Woude has:
- Earned a B.A., History, Christendom College
- Competed in high school and college sports including baseball, basketball, soccer, tennis and volleyball.
- 7 Years experience as Athletic Director managing and developing varsity and intramural sports programs.
- 13 years coaching experience including high school and college basketball, soccer, and baseball.
- 5 years experience in youth ministry at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Winchester, VA.
In His Own Words: “My wife Katy and I feel so blessed to be able to join the JP community. I am excited to be involved in the athletic program at such a wonderful place that is committed to the formation, development and education of the whole person. Being from the Saint John Paul the Great era, his papacy has greatly influenced my life, especially his love of the outdoors and connection between sports, competition, character, and the Christian Life. I look forward to serving the students at JP especially the student-athletes as we continue to build an athletic program that seeks to form character through growing in virtue that comes with competition and the pursuit of excellence.”